Closing date: Monday 11th June 2018
(Full-time, 1 year fixed term, 39 weeks per year)
£18,672 – £20,541 pro rata
Required for September, 2018, a suitably qualified full-time Cover Supervisor. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the Academy’s weekly enrichment programme through supporting other colleagues or offering a new activity. This will be a fixed term appointment in the first instance.
Applicants should be educated to degree level in any subject area. Previous experience of working with young people will be an advantage, but experience of teaching is not a requirement. The post would suit recent graduates who may be seeking to gain experience in the classroom before going on to gain Qualified Teacher Status in the future.
Some of the duties a Cover Supervisor can expect to perform are:
- Leading whole classes while teachers are away from school and ensuring the lesson plan is delivered to a high standard;
- managing behaviour in the classroom;
- ensuring all students are focused and on track to meeting the lesson objectives;
- preparing the classroom for lessons;
- helping any students who are struggling with the work set for their cover lessons and
- assisting teachers in planning lessons.
The school has been judged ‘Good’ across all aspects by Ofsted and was the top-performing state school in Suffolk in 2017.
To arrange an informal visit and discussion with the Headteacher, Dr Simon Letman, or for further details and an application pack, please contact Mrs. Sarah Beazley, PA to Headteacher, on 01473 328317 or email@example.com.
Holbrook Academy is a popular, mixed comprehensive school to the south of Ipswich easily accessible from the A12 and A14. We pride ourselves on our positive and supportive ethos and our passion is to ensure that ‘everybody can be somebody’.