Key Stage 4:
Students study AQA A Geography course covering the following topics:-
- Living with the Physical Environment
- Challenges in the Human Environment
- Geographical Application (including fieldwork)
How are students assessed?
- Higher and Foundation examination papers are available.
- Units 1, 2 and 3 exams are resource based. Students will have a booklet containing maps, photographs and diagrams to help them answer the questions.
- Units 1, 2 and 3 exam questions will range from short questions to larger extended written responses.
- Unit 4 is the controlled assessment unit. Students complete a fieldwork task, and analyse and write up their results in class.
Students following the course will have exam style assessments at the end of each unit to assess performance and are tracked in order to decide on the most suitable tier for them to take when it comes to the final exams in Year 11.
More details can be found in the Curriculum Detail 2017-18
Key Stage 3:
The units outlined in the table below are designed to respond to changes in the national curriculum for our students but also to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge to play their part in an ever changing world.
Year 7: The Home Region, Kenya, Rivers.
Year 8: Brazil, Coasts, Fashion Victims.
Year 9: Human Geography of the UK, Geographical Skills, The Gambia, Challenge of Natural Hazards.
We recognise the importance of fieldtrips and study outside the classroom and with this in mind cross-curricular trips will be planned accordingly.
If you require any further information please contact Miss Cook at the school.