Holbrook Academy is fully committed to delivering our Equality Action Plan alongside monitoring its impact on a termly basis. Our Equalities Policy can be viewed on our policies page and our action plan is detailed below. These actions are also embedded in our Academy Improvement Plan, which can also be viewed on our website within the “About Holbrook Academy” section. If you wish to provide any feedback regarding our priorities, or to comment on any of the issues raised in these key documents, please do not hesitate to contact us – email@example.com
Equalities Action Plan : Summer Term 2023
- Monitoring of rewards and engagement aligned with protected characteristics.
- Need to promote protected characteristics across school and in curriculum; alongside allocated time for promoting LGBT+ role models in February , International Women’s Day in March, BHM in October, welcome display in foyer by students
- To ensure there is a 50% reduction in the number of racist / homophobic incidents
- To ensure we use assemblies and displays to mark religious festivities of all faiths.
- To monitor student destinations and align with protected characteristics; monitoring any patterns or concerns
- To enhance restorative approaches across the school
- To audit AR against protected characteristics
- Head prefects equality statement to be displayed in all classrooms and to ensure all governors, teachers, support staff and students agree to this Holbrook commitment